Aged and Health Support
RSL Victoria provides information to ensure that the ex-service community understands all the options that may be available to them.
We can provide information and support regarding a range of issues, such as:
- Aged care services – home care, respite and residential services
- Health related issues e.g. dementia, diabetes, hearing loss
- Health promotion, including provision of information sessions
- Aids to stay living at home safely such as personal alarms, scooters, mobility aids
- Housing support – such as retirement villages, independent living units, private rental
- Friendly visiting to homes, hospitals or residential facilities
- Contemporary veterans, including veteran well-being
- Health advocacy where needed
This service is open to all current and former service personnel and their dependants, including allied forces.
RSL Victoria also provides assistance to aged care/health providers, such as:
- Staff training and support for care practices in relation to veterans’ special needs;
- Assessment tools for identifying members of the ex-service community and their individual experiences;
- Enabling residents/clients to remain connected with ex-service organisations; and
- Assisting providers apply for veteran specific aged care places and packages;
Other activities include:
- Promoting and supporting RSL Victoria’s integrated model for Welfare and Aged Care Support delivery to older veterans, war widows and their dependants across the state
- Assisting with recruitment, registration and training of RSL aged care/welfare volunteers
- Providing information and support to RSL Sub Branches regarding home and hospital visiting, health, aged care and other welfare activities
- Promoting and providing information about the many DVA services available to the ex-service community, such as Veterans’ MATES Program (Medication), At Ease (mental health literature), the Right Mix (alcohol), Men’s Health Peer Education, and support for Carers
- Promoting and supporting RSL Day Clubs
- Representing the interests of the ex-service community with regard to health and aged care issues
Pensioners, Advocacy, Welfare and Support
RSL Victoria supports the well-being and support of all Serving and Ex-Serving personnel from the Australian Defence force.
Ph (03) 9532 3929
Please click HERE for information regarding grants that are available to ADF veterans through the Department of Premier & Cabinet.
ANZAC House Contact
Returned & Services League of Australia
4 Collins Street
Melbourne, VIC 3000